Divine Calm: "What a Wonderful World"

« Home | My Halloween  » | fall mums  » | Divine Calm  » | It's amazing what a little foresight can do. » | Cute Alert! » | Hey, Fraggle Rock really does rock! » | I'm not cashing in my poker chips, but I am thanki... » | Tough Call » | In remembrance... » | Winston the acrobat dog »

11.01.2005

"What a Wonderful World"

Whew! I am exhausted from an eventful yet wholly satisfying Halloween weekend. On Saturday and Sunday, my boyfriend and I visited my grandparents in Indiana. The visit included apple butter making and a Halloween dance. Here I am trying to stir the apple butter in a copper pot.
While the apple butter was cooking, I socialized with my mother's side of the family and introduce my boyfriend to everyone. The experience was made perfect by beautiful weather, friendly people, and yummy chili and home-baked pies.

Later in the evening, my grandparents, boyfriend, and I went to a Halloween dance. My boyfriend and I were by the far the youngest dancers, but the live band played everyone's favorite songs. Besides seeing my grandparents dance, I will never forget how in love I felt while dancing with my boyfriend to Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World." I especially hope that I will be as lucky as my grandparents and be able to dance with my 80-year old husband and still be in love.