Divine Calm: Call me the New Year Scrooge

« Home | For my readers » | » | The Best Sister in the World and Tiki the Adorable... » | Amen! » | Impressive Christmas gifts to add to your list for... » | The Bass Hat...the tail even moves. » | The Perfect Ending to Christmas Vacation » | » | In a blink of an eye » | I miss the fall  »

12.31.2005

Call me the New Year Scrooge

New Year's Eve is disquietude's day. Perhaps my peeling chapped lips from my biting and lip-wringing indicate my own impatience for the upcoming year. I woke up grumpy without reason and have been attempting to rally my mood. Coffee has lost its transforming qualities, and my boyfriend sleeping upstairs while my pup sleeping at my feet have not calmed my anxiety.

With the risk of sounding like I am wishing my life away, I am looking forward to the time when a Saturday is just a Saturday instead of a day of seeming importance and reflection.