Divine Calm: Is it just me, or does this season sometimes suck?

« Home | Great article on Procrastination » | Beer goggles  » | Why my Monday... » | Note to my family » | Wise words and simple truths » | Uninspired » | » | My Stint as Santa » | How many of you are feeling like this today? » | "Up!" »

12.07.2005

Is it just me, or does this season sometimes suck?

Ahhhhh. It's that wonderful season where peace, love, and happiness are shelved for gift-grabbing, tempers flaring, and all around nastiness. Even the blog world is ill with stress and depression. (Believe me, I have had some pretty nasty responses to my blog postings lately.)

Sometimes, I wish I could better insulate myself from other people's moods. If I had just been able to exist in my own little bubble today filled with puppy dogs, strawberry ice cream, and a very cute Panamian boyfriend, I think I could have been really happy. Instead, I allowed myself to absorb my co-workers' and other bloggers' comments into my view of the world.

Well, enough! I'm over it.

Happy Holidays!

Category: Cynics Beware