Divine Calm: The Most Politically Correct Card, Ever!

« Home | My Phantom » | United Airlines is a scumbag. » | A random act of kindness in Texas » | My Christmas with 2 Casts » | Viewers' Choice » | Happy Holidays  » | Christmas at the Statehouse  » | I miss the sun  » | Coffee with a touch of cynicism » | My Addiction »

12.15.2005

The Most Politically Correct Card, Ever!

My boss received this "Holiday" card in the mail today:

"All faiths, All hearts, All visions, All dreams, All hopes" (open the card)

"All joy to you--at this season and always."

Normal, right? Not so fast. Six different religious symbols and their origins are explained on the inside of the card.

Yes, this politically correct card carries the Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, Confucianism, and Buddhism symbols.

Wow. All that are missing are the Wiccan and Shinto symbols.

I sometimes feel that being politically correct is a vicious cycle/Catch-22.