Divine Calm: Have Patience? Oh, I didn't hear you the first time.

« Home | Beyond the wires  » | The Gift that Keeps on Giving » | Welcome to World in which I Work » | Yes, this is what we did all weekend » | Divinely Different » | Sharing is beyond them » | Call me the New Year Scrooge » | For my readers » | » | The Best Sister in the World and Tiki the Adorable... »

1.04.2006

Have Patience? Oh, I didn't hear you the first time.

My sister frequently reminds me on my down days that I have many redeeming qualities. (This is just one reason why she is the best sister in the world.) However, she would never ever accuse me of having patience. She still squirms in remembrance of the day I helped scan my shopping cart items through the Target check-out line when the idiot cashier didn't know how to scan. (I'm sorry, but I was a cashier throughout high school. Once a cashier, always a cashier.)

As a side note, some people might mistake my talent for tuning sounds out as patience. For instance, I don't tolerate my dogs' incessant barking or rowdy OSU campus parties, instead I never register their existence.

Well, my lack of patience is really hitting me hard in dealing with my long-distance relationship with my boyfriend. Not being one to sit and allow life happen to me, I want so badly to hurry up our relationship so we could be together...all of the time.

Oh well. In the meantime, I'll head over to Target and see if shopping therapy will help ease my frustration over my lack of control. Maybe I'll scan a few items too. Sorry Sis, but I'm tuning your "tsk tsks" out.

Technorati: , , ,