Divine Calm: In Honor...

« Home | Name this picture...  » | Dear Anonymous, » | Homelessness Links to Ponder » | Puppies! » | Fluff  » | Seriousness » | Silliness* » | Sushi Dreams » | Robertson suggests God smote Sharon - Jan 5, 2006 » | Microsoft Shuts Down Chinese Blog »

1.16.2006

In Honor...

I will never really know how it feels to be an African American. I will never know how it feels to be treated like a criminal while shopping. I receive smiles on the street instead of women's purses being clutched tightly as I walk past.

There is so much more to be done in order to improve the lives of our fellow citizens, the African Americans.

Today, so few of us are willing to stand up for those too burdened to speak. It's easier to stay silent.

However, I am thankful Martin Luther King, Jr. and others like him so visibly risked everything to ease the burden of their fellow citizens.