Divine Calm: To Those Who Fail to See the Big Picture

« Home | The Hopeless Search for Equilibrium » | Bizarre Find of the Week » | Get Well Flowers » | martini graffiti  » | Snow Falling on Maples » | Dima: The One Woman Chicago Welcoming Committee » | New Orleans Mayor Says God Mad at U.S. » | My Boyfriend is Jealous of this Guy » | In Honor... » | Name this picture...  »

1.24.2006

To Those Who Fail to See the Big Picture

I'm frequently amazed when grown adults throw a tantrum in order to get something they want. Today, I have encountered many of these babies. To these babies: getting snippy with me is not going to make me, or anyone for that matter, want to help you. You may temporarily get what you want, but at what cost? You have lost my respect for you.

Think about the math. If you throw a fit every time you "really need" something, you are going to lose the respect of many.

Think about that the next time you need volunteer campaign workers or, especially, a vote.

Technorati:, , ,