Divine Calm: Guilty Comforts

« Home | Stately » | Flickin' French Fries » | Inertia » | Spoiled Pups » | One of the best weekend moments » | Under the bridge » | Check out my first tenant! » | Elizabeth » | barren  » | To Those Who Fail to See the Big Picture »

2.02.2006

Guilty Comforts

When I am longing for child-like simplicity or need to shelter myself from life's realities, I turn to two comforts guaranteed to make me feel better.

The first comfort is "Little House on the Prairie." If you are familiar with the show and frequently read my site, you probably aren't surprised that I am a huge fan of watching its reruns. Some of my views on life seem to come straight from the mouth of Michael Landon's character, Charles. I know it's cheesy, but I love it's positive message. When I am hating life, I will wrapped myself in a soft afghan and watch this show-with-a-conscience. I can forgive former friends like Elizabeth, because I hope that she has matured into a better person just like the character, Nellie, did in the show.

Another guilty or semi-embarrassing comfort of mine is the Midwestern cuisine at Bob Evans. The restaurant's menu reminds me of the food my mother would fix for me when I was ill and my grandmother's yummy mashed potatoes and homemade noodles. When my dogs can no longer console me, a cup of coffee and a hearty breakfast at Bob Evans does the trick.

Now that you have another lil' secret of mine to tease me about later, I wanna know what are your guilty comforts. Don't be shy, we're all friends here.

P.S. DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON MY TENANT, STEPHANIE! SHOW HER SOME LOVE! (HER BLOG IS ON MY SIDEBAR.)

Technorati: , ,